torsdag 5. november 2009

Hobart. 07.10.09!

It took a very long time travelling to Australia. Over ten hours! I finally got to the airport, sat down and waited for my luggage. I can remember how warm Hobart was, compared to Norway. Even thou it was autumn, there where 34 degrees in the air. But the cold wind made it a bit better.






























Hobart is the capital of the Australian island, Tasmania. Tasmania was founded in 1803, as a penal colony. A penal colony is a settlement used back in the old days, to exile prisoners from the population. Hobart is one of the oldest capitals in Australia, after Sydney. It's always very warm here in Hobart, they rarely get snow in the winter. Imagine that! Christmas without snow can't be a good thing.



I decided to start my day, by taking a trip to Hobart's Port Arthur historic site. That has been Tasmania's most visited tourist attraction for the past several years. On Port Arthur historic site you can tour the ruins of the penal settlement. They say that there are ghosts touring there at night!



























It was very interessting visiting Port Arthur, but I was so tired when I got back from the trip so I took a shopping trip at a mall before I went strait to bed.



I went to bed after an amazing day!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar